Monday, June 2, 2008

dining table


This dining table has a square table-top, so that (in theory), no matter where the "diners" are seated (given they are seated opposite each other), they will be the same distance from each other as on any other point on the table. I also wanted to stress the idea of EQUILIBRIUM, which is a characteristic that I believe Jobs' and Versace's power possesses.

I initially struggled with more complex, more detailed designs for a table but settled for the simplicity and streamlined understatedness of this design. The two asymmetrical legs represent equal yet different forms of strength, which support their possessers in different ways.

Unless completely necessary, I would like to keep the table texture free, because I feel that plain white would signify neutrality and calm- two states of mind one should be in when meeting with someone to possibly negotiatiate or discuss.

No comments: